STEP 1: Create a free blog space just for moving or selling items! A great place to start is signing up with a pre-made template blog using Weebly or wordpress.com. This requires less design work from you. Title your blog something that you can use again if you move or have another cyber garage sale in 3 to 15 years from now. A good example would be 'hollandsale.'
STEP 2: Keep your house close to how it is already! Especially if you will be selling most items in your house for a move overseas. Go through your house and go ahead and pack up the small items you know you want to keep. The rest- keep where it is!
STEP 3: Take pictures. Group photos or individual zoomed in shots of what you will be selling. Take photos room by room. We started with our living room and moved on to our dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. If there is an item in the photo that I do not want to sell but is too large to move just for the photo, it's simple- just don't list the item in your pricing! Do you ever wonder why big department stores display home items all together? People are more likely to buy individual items when you display them like you would in a house. They want to see the whole picture!
STEP 4: Create a new page on your blog for each room represented in your house.
Hello Friends! We wanted to let you know what we are selling.
- The items that are in RED you can purchase & have now.
- The items that are black will not be available until Mid-June but you can secure them now with a deposit.
- Come take a tour of our home as items are listed by rooms they occupy.
- Feel free to browse through our house by clicking on the links to the left.
- First come with money, first serve. Please leave a comment under the listed item or picture of an item that you want to purchase.
- If you do not want to pay in cash, you can send us money through our paypal account online.
Enjoy Shopping! Buy lots!
Send out the link to your blog to all your friends through your social media platforms! You can also create a flyer with tabs that the consumer can tear off that has your blog url for placing an advertisement in a public place.
Make sure you stay up to date on who purchased what. The great part about this is they can shop from home at their convenience and you can manage from home at your convenience! In step 4 I listed what I have on our home page. The consumer must make a comment on the blog under the item listed they want to buy. This keeps track for me who was first come first serve. With them commenting they have to add their email address so I can contact them any time.
That is it! Enjoy making some money on items you need to get rid of!